Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Big fish today! Tried to do a self-portrait, but failed miserably. Use my hand as a reference. Check out the blue tinge of the operculum. Awesomeness!

Photobucket

This is a fish my dad spotted earlier in the week. I had tried for him a couple times since then and ended up with that big rainbow from the previous post. I saw the big rainbow again and actually thought I had him hooked again. To my surprise, my biggest brown trout to date. Probably pushing five pounds and over two feet long.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Shane that is a very nice fish. Congrats big guy. You gotta have more pics of it right? Bad pic or not I wanna see.

    Hopefully this weekend I can get a couple five pounders but the checkered kind...you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Dave I got a few more, I'll re-size them and send them to you. Stoked for your weekend. Good luck! Remember what I taught you: Halibut and Sandbass don't count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, your killing me....Nice fucking fish

    ReplyDelete
  4. What concerns me is that you probably are becoming a better fisherman! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm still a pretty lousy fisherman, and I'm smart enough to admit it. But I certainly have fun! I might have to find/poach your streams on the forgotten side when I get back home...

    ReplyDelete